RE: [fw-wiz] NTLM authentication from DMZ

From: Reckhard, Tobias (tobias.reckhard@secunet.com)
Date: 09/23/02

From: "Reckhard, Tobias" <tobias.reckhard@secunet.com>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Mon Sep 23 08:26:02 2002

Mikael Olsson wrote:
> My first recommendation would probably be: stick something in front
> of the OWA box that does SSL and authentication. If someone gets to
> the OWA box, it's more or less game over; if nothing else because
> of all the sensitive stuff that is usually available in people's
> inboxes, public folders, etc etc.

Heh, that's exactly what I'm about to have to implement here. I'm planning
to use Apache+mod_proxy+mod_ssl and RSA SecurID in front of an OWA server.
Does anyone by chance have any pointers to hints on how to set up such a
baby?

TIA
Tobias

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OWA published in ISA (SBS 2000)
    ... You don't have to be hosting a public website (other than OWA). ... access a website using SSL, your browser checks the SSL certificate for 3 ... 1) the name on the certificate matches the name of the website. ... SSL certificate on a site was not issued by a trusted publisher, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: get e-mail from Exchange Server 2003
    ... using SSL by looking at any of your OWA requests (eg do you see the padlock ... therefore i use "BASIC" Authentication. ... "GET" request will save attachment. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)
  • RE: OWA access
    ... Outlook Web Access Does Not Show Contents of Inbox or Other Folders ... When you try to use Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA) and Microsoft ... Microsoft recommends that you configure SSL for OWA. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Configure Sharepoint 2003 to acces Exchange 2k3 within "My Site"
    ... logon when using OWA. ... Forms based authentication is configured on the ... > not match the name used to register the SSL certificate for OWA. ... > clicking yes i receive the OWA logon screen within the Sharepoint site. ...
  • Singe forms-based login for website and OWA
    ... I've got a Windows 2003 web server that is also running Exchange 2003. ... are directed to a page that allows anonymous access without SSL. ... I've got no problem using forms-based authentication with OWA, ...