RE: [fw-wiz] Exposed serial connection

From: Yin To Chu (ytchu@ozemail.com.au)
Date: 09/17/02

From: "Yin To Chu" <ytchu@ozemail.com.au>
To: "Schreiner, Dirk" <Dirk.Schreiner@izb.de>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>, "'Jonas Anden'" <dajudge@home.se>
Date: Tue Sep 17 07:51:17 2002

Hi :

Check for "Device Server" at search engines.

Some vendors provide virtual comm ports or comm port redirection software
for Windows/Linux.

It is good if the legacy NM software running on a server talks only to com
ports for control or data acqusition.

The serial port at remote end appears to the NM software as local.

yt