Re: [fw-wiz] quad ethernet cards

From: John McDermott (jjm@jkintl.com)
Date: 09/13/02

From: "John McDermott" <jjm@jkintl.com>
To: "Joseph S D Yao" <jsdy@center.osis.gov>
Date: Fri Sep 13 17:10:01 2002

Joseph S D Yao wrote:

> You might also ask your local Linux users' group, or go to the Linux
> Ethernet driver page at

Unfortunately, there is no local Linux users' group. I live in a small
mountain community. The scyld page was useful, but did not provide any
info on firewall use, that's why I chose this list.

> Not all of the people using firewalls are using Linux. ;-)

Of course not, some use BSD ;-). Further, not all Linux users buidld
firewalls out of it... Actually, the responses here have been helpful.
  I needed the input of firewall experts and this is the best community
of them I know...

--john

--
John McDermott
Writer, Educator, Consultant

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How best get rid of SELinux?
    ... files from the post compromise state will be reintroduced. ... machine on it: the firewall machine. ... there are enough Linux users that think like Windows users he will write ... sharing opinions about future directions of Linux, and RH in particular; hopefully being able to influence future paths ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Making internet connection available to all users on win2k?
    ... web for years without incident just by taking common precautions and using a ... firewall, plus I don't peruse any of the aforementioned sites anyway. ... > then the odds of having an internet related security problem are slim unless ... > (except Linux users who avoid logging in as root). ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)