RE: [fw-wiz] Statistics for Firewalls

From: Noonan, Wesley (
Date: 09/10/02

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <>
To: "'Dominik Miklaszewski'" <>, "Sutantyo, Danny" <>
Date: Tue Sep 10 14:05:16 2002

Since MRTG got tossed out, I figured I would add that there are numerous
commercial ware products that can do this. I know that BMC Software[1] makes
a Checkpoint and a PIX KM that measure this stuff. I don't know about the
Checkpoint KM, but the PIX KM does not require SNMP to be enabled on the
firewall. More details are at,2834,19052_19453,00.html. I trust that others
on the list can mention some of the other wares that exist.

[1] I work for BMC Software, however I do not work on either of these

Senior QA Rep.
BMC Software, Inc.
(713) 918-2412