RE: [fw-wiz] Statistics for Firewalls

From: Noonan, Wesley (Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com)
Date: 09/10/02

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com>
To: "'Dominik Miklaszewski'" <dmikey@mac.com>, "Sutantyo, Danny" <DSutantyo@livingstonintl.com>
Date: Tue Sep 10 14:05:16 2002

Since MRTG got tossed out, I figured I would add that there are numerous
commercial ware products that can do this. I know that BMC Software[1] makes
a Checkpoint and a PIX KM that measure this stuff. I don't know about the
Checkpoint KM, but the PIX KM does not require SNMP to be enabled on the
firewall. More details are at
http://www.bmc.com/solutions/0,2834,19052_19453,00.html. I trust that others
on the list can mention some of the other wares that exist.

[1] I work for BMC Software, however I do not work on either of these
products.

Wes Noonan, MCSE/CCNA/CCDA/NNCSS
Senior QA Rep.
BMC Software, Inc.