Re: [fw-wiz] Statistics for Firewalls

From: Dominik Miklaszewski (dmikey@mac.com)
Date: 09/10/02

From: Dominik Miklaszewski <dmikey@mac.com>
To: "Sutantyo, Danny" <DSutantyo@livingstonintl.com>
Date: Tue Sep 10 11:01:02 2002

Danny,
You may try www.phoneboy.com (there's a section with the scripts)
and.. try mrtg/rrd -> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

in both instances you'd need SNMP configured on the firewalls and PERL
and couple of modules installed on the box where the stats will be stored.

cheers,

Sutantyo, Danny wrote:

>Hi,
>Has anybody done statistics from Cisco PIX firewall or CheckPoint FW-1
>firewall?
>
>My boss wants to have a report every week something like a graph that
>contains protocol, bandwidth, load, etc...

[..]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Demand of PF CLI
    ... >> using the PF APIs directly, or providing such access in perl, python, ... >> style approach was taken to embrace other firewall solutions. ... > you mean this module could work for Linux iptables too. ... There is Linux's iptables, ipf on NetBSD and Solaris, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: odd socket behavior with ZoneAlarm
    ... >> There is a problem in the interaction of Perl with a firewall and Perl ... If I post in the ZoneAlarm forums, folks either ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Demand of PF CLI
    ... > style approach was taken to embrace other firewall solutions. ... A Perl module that encapsulates all the ioctl calls would be quite ... you mean this module could work for Linux iptables too. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall log analysis tools
    ... What I would really like is a repository of Perl regexes for various log ... formats (firewall, router, web server syslog etc.). ... I have a fair library of Perl routines to create reports, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: odd socket behavior with ZoneAlarm
    ... Sure, if you code different things, perl often feels free to act ... this firewall actually does, how it relies to the system it is running on, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)