[fw-wiz] pix 515 failover

From: barry (Barry.Haycock@b-online.com.au)
Date: 09/05/02

From: barry <Barry.Haycock@b-online.com.au>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Thu Sep  5 21:56:01 2002

i have been given the job of setting up failover for a pair of cisco pix 515

i can setup the failover no problems but my question is
when the pix fails over does the second one assume the ip address assigned
to the interface on the primary
or does it use the address assigned under the failover command for that
interface.

if the interface assumes the address assigned under the failover command
how does one go about routing from a router etc to the firewall??

Barry Haycock
Sys Admin (UNIX)

B-Digital Pty Ltd
Level 3,
207 Adelaide Tce
Perth, Western Australia 6000
(ph) +61 8 9463 5800
(fax) +61 89463 5955

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] pix 515 failover
    ... > i have been given the job of setting up failover for a pair of cisco pix 515 ... > to the interface on the primary ... The failover command assigned an IP address for the interface while ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Cisco PIX 520 Firewall.
    ... with all features enabled including failover. ... When I was buying this firewall I did not know that the Cisco PIX ... that the 520 has a FO license rather than a full ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] pix 515 failover
    ... > assigned under the failover command for that interface. ... but I'm fairly certain the the standby PIX assumes both ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Which cable for ASA failover?
    ... Can you post your failover config of both unit. ... interface Ethernet0/0 ... mtu management 1500 ... timeout xlate 3:00:00 ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)