[fw-wiz] PIX VPN Question

From: Richard Worwood (richardw@tdbnetworks.com)
Date: 09/03/02

From: "Richard Worwood" <richardw@tdbnetworks.com>
To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
Date: Tue Sep  3 17:19:01 2002

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but I don't know the
answer so I'm guessing it's not too stupid.

What ports on a nat need to be statically defined to allow communication
between a cisco nat client on the inside and a PIX on the outside?

Additionally would these ports be the same if I wanted to put a PIX behind
the nat creating the VPN tunnel instead of multiple VPN clients?

Thanks in advance and apologies again if this is a stupid/ignorant question.

Richard Worwood, TDB Networks
4 High Street, Twyford, Berkshire RG10 9AE
Mobile: +44 (0) 7771 662880
Email: richardw@tdbnetworks.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... my previous ADSL provider, Telefonica Spain. ... NAT is implemented - is the ADSL device doing the NAT or do you have a ... Sorry I wasn't clear - the ADSL router is the NAT device. ... that use NAT to 1 IP, but they forward ALL ports inbound to that IP - so ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Azureus suddenly stops
    ... So you can have NAT problem and still be downloading, ... restricted Azureus I would get no traffic at all. ... You have to actually open the ports (the ones you've specified in the ... So if you want to quiet your rig, input some cold outside air into it. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • NATD crash in 7.0-stable
    ... Any time I use either of my two NICs for my internal net my FreeBSD box hangs and requires power cycling to reboot. ... Initially I figured it might be NAT in PPP which was causing the problem, so I backed it out and used NATD but the same thing happens to me. ... 2 ports with 2 removable, ... da0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • NAT crashing FreeBSD 7.x
    ... Any time I use either of my two NICs for my internal net my FreeBSD box hangs and requires power cycling to reboot. ... Initially I figured it might be NAT in PPP which was causing the problem, so I backed it out and used NATD but the same thing happens to me. ... pci0: ... 2 ports with 2 removable, ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Microsoft Worm
    ... > securing their machines and who require full access to the internet. ... > every provider imposed NAT on their customers and started blocking ports, ... As for NAT, I've always had a NAT system on my home internet connection ...
    (alt.computer.security)