[fw-wiz] Borderware encryption algorithm

From: The Blueberry (acr872k@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/22/02

From: "The Blueberry" <acr872k@hotmail.com>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Thu Aug 22 17:04:47 2002

Hi list,

While analysing the communication between BWClient and a Checkpoint, I
noticed that the password is encrypted in the following form in the POST
request:

FOb7o6surNYq68CEide23q0empvA3JXFwbHp1tideDwKVwxmQGmvpta3rNesKWQI

While not being an expert in encryption schemes, I am not able to know the
encryption algorithm used to encrypt the password. I would like to know what
level of security does it provides. Anyone would know which one is used?

--TB

  • Re: ath5k on the Acer Aspire One
    ... The encryption fixes I know about for WPA should already be in 2.6.26. ... EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED ... Selecting BSS from priority group 0 ... Setting scan request: 0 sec 0 usec ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Policy settings tool and username tokens (not x509)
    ... > I have deselected require sigs and encryption on the request ... > making the request. ... > This certificate will be used if Request Encryption is chosen." ... Having both client and server tokens allows the default WSE client to ...
  • Re: IIS SSL Encryption handshake information
    ... If you make the following request from the browser: ... The server will need to complete the SSL ... We have a servlet that is served by Tomcat. ... I am setting IIS to use SSL encryption on the default website. ...
  • Re: how to change from "http" to "https" without reloading the site.
    ... without reloading (or making a request from the webserver) via ... Conversely, if you see 'http', it means that no encryption *has been* used. ... Logically, you cannot, through javascript or any other means - except maybe a time machine - alter the protocol in your url bar, because that url reflects a *past*, *completed*, use of the protocol. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Can you tell me if this makes sense?
    ... I am getting my head around encryption. ... I have written a forms app that I want tied to particular machines. ... The user would then send me the request number and I'd encrypt it, ... authorisation number and check it against the original request number to ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)