[fw-wiz] Re:[fw1-wizards] Performance with GUI

From: Rob Napholz (rnapholz97@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/09/02

From: Rob Napholz <rnapholz97@yahoo.com>
To: firewall-wizards@nfr.com
Date: Fri Aug  9 15:58:01 2002

I dont know if this works with NG

but in 4.1 it helps if you reduce the number
of possible colors available on the workstation
running the GUI editor

ex. set it to 256 colors

any thing to reduce the amount of video memory
required
will help

I use this trick to improve scrolling in large rule
bases

Rob

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: cool
    ... yahoo is free the online website is not tou will find ... what goes on,is we dont want your tpye on my group so piss off and dont take ... even yahoo groups and running the national database take time and work out ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: Unable to install FreeBSD 5.3 on a SMP box
    ... >>when I try to boot I get a lot of hexadecimal codes ... >>I dont think there is any hardware problem because ... Hi there, I wish I was that rich, but I dont, I typed ... Información de Estados Unidos y América Latina, en Yahoo! ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: The Insane Hexagon Project
    ... dont forget when you get to the greens... ... nzlstar on yahoo msg'r ... I have added a photo folder to my photo's on yahoo so you can see my ... Queen of Chocolate Squishies ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: secure channel & trust relationship
    ... I am having a major problem with Xpe thin clients and nt4 domain. ... The workstation will log error eventid 3210 and domaincontroller ... I dont have experience of these things and dont know the effects of these ... So if workstation changes password and it syncronizes to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Instant Messenger Connectivity Problems
    ... > With the Gaim, I only signed on to ICQ, MSN and Jabber. ... > Switching to Yahoo Messenger solved the problem of getting online with ... i know it doesnt help, but i dont have an issue. ...
    (alt.os.linux)