[fw-wiz] PIX - MSN

From: BY (bysoo@iprimus.com.au)
Date: 08/06/02

From: "BY" <bysoo@iprimus.com.au>
To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Tue Aug  6 13:23:01 2002

Dear all,

Our PIX is installed by a vendor, so I have no clue to find out if the
current policy has block MSN access.

My boss would like to do further investigation before going back to the
vendor to find that answer, because each support call costs money.

I just know that the current PIX has set the rule any HTTP & HTTPS
protocol will be allowed through Proxy Server, not direct.

I need to know this because one of my WAN user is complaining that they
can not use MSN because of my firewall policy. His further prove to me
that he can not telnet direct to MSN server on port ????.

Can someone gives me more hint?

Thanks muchly.

BY

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Pix Firewall: How to Block MSN?
    ... >>Could anyone please let me know the command to block MSN on the PIX? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: MSN BLOCKING ON LINKSYS ROUTER
    ... connections to a whole host of IP addresses. ... You'll then need to find all the IP addresses for the web interfaces to MSN ... having a computer use policy in place and enforcing it). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Homepage settings through group policy
    ... >MSN) or it'll just forward to MSN. ... >>Currently we have within our Group Policy for Windows ... It's supposed to reset their homepage to ... >>users workstation and then the homepage will reset ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Homepage settings through group policy
    ... MSN) or it'll just forward to MSN. ... >Currently we have within our Group Policy for Windows ... It's supposed to reset their homepage to ... >users workstation and then the homepage will reset ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Conferencing with MSN Messenger
    ... setup video conferencing with MSN? ... I have a Cisco 515 PIX ... Firewall that I will have to go through. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)