[fw-wiz] PIX - MSN

From: BY (bysoo@iprimus.com.au)
Date: 08/06/02

From: "BY" <bysoo@iprimus.com.au>
To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>, <security-basics@securityfocus.com>
Date: Tue Aug  6 13:23:01 2002

Dear all,

Our PIX is installed by a vendor, so I have no clue to find out if the
current policy has block MSN access.

My boss would like to do further investigation before going back to the
vendor to find that answer, because each support call costs money.

I just know that the current PIX has set the rule any HTTP & HTTPS
protocol will be allowed through Proxy Server, not direct.

I need to know this because one of my WAN user is complaining that they
can not use MSN because of my firewall policy. His further prove to me
that he can not telnet direct to MSN server on port ????.

Can someone gives me more hint?

Thanks muchly.

BY