[fw-wiz] (no subject)

From: rob.roberson@verizon.com
Date: 08/01/02

From: rob.roberson@verizon.com
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Thu Aug  1 08:35:02 2002

Kenny once said:

Hello all. I'm new to the list. I have a quick question: does the order
in which rules are added for an iptables table matter?

_______________________________

Kenny -

The order is definately important. The first rule that matches the packet
is the one that takes effect. IPTables rules can be inserted between other
rules by number.
The exact syntax is in the man pages. Good luck!

~Rob Roberson
Systems/Network Engineer
Blue Dragon Studio
rob@bluedragonstudio.com

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Exact syntax and examples for iptables
    ... Assuming that you already have iptables running ... Exact syntax and examples for iptables ... application from a Windows server application via sqlnet (ie Tcp ... In fact I would like to block on all ports on the Linux cluster to stop ...
    (RedHat)
  • Problem accessing some https sites
    ... I turned off iptables but still no luck. ... I have a Windows box on a hub with the FC6 box ... So the problem is definitely local to my FC6 machine. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Setting up IPForwarding
    ... If you use iptables, you have search at nat. ... iis only for forwarding between two networks. ... Good luck ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Re: Setting up IPForwarding
    ... If you use iptables, you have search at nat. ... iis only for forwarding between two networks. ... Good luck ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)