Re: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comments?

From: Vladimir Parkhaev (
Date: 07/29/02

From: Vladimir Parkhaev <>
Date: Mon Jul 29 17:35:02 2002

Quoting Garcia, Nicholas A (
> I have a 5xp at home (Netscreen). I used to own a Watchguard FBII and I
> have used Raptor (Velociraptor), and Checkpoint on Nokia. I still love
> the Netscreen. The new OS coming out is a major improvement in
> usability too.

Can't keep my mouth shut anymore.... I managed them all - FW1, Pixes and
Netscreen and in my opinion, Netscreen is the best all around product:
1. easy to manage for CLI challanged
2. full blown CLI for UNIX dudes
3. very stable and performant
4. reasonably priced
5. no window$ invloved ( why FW1 is still around? )

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Looking into a new firewall
    ... We currently run Checkpoint FW-1 on a Nokia box. ... I would like to move to a Linux ... FreeBSD you can use IPFW or IPF. ...
  • Re: PIX vs Nokia/CheckPoint
    ... > appliances you were very much limited to the under riding PCI architecture ... Nokia Clustering provides Active/Active clustering ... > without any requirement to purchase any additional Checkpoint license. ... ian dot mulvihill at computer dot org ...
  • NOKIA IP71 & Small Business Mgmt srv. Problem!
    ... This is my first time w/ CheckPoint, ... I am setting up a NOKIA IP71 appliance with the Small ... Business Management server on Win2k server sp2. ...
  • RE: Checkpoing NG on Linux or Windows?
    ... Nokia IP 330's are simply AMD K6-II clone PC systems. ... On Sun hardware it will definitely be faster, ... Checkpoing NG on Linux or Windows? ... We're about to migrate to Checkpoint NG soon, ...
  • Re: Nokia, Checkpoint, Stone, Linux, Pix
    ... > we went to a briefing of the Nokia 650 firewall. ... > system providing hooks for firewall software developers. ... The advantage of checkpoint being the maintainability. ... Look at OpenBSD with either ipf or pf. ...