RE: [fw-wiz] Under attack

From: Guy Hadsall (ghadsall@telcordia.com)
Date: 07/25/02

From: "Guy Hadsall" <ghadsall@telcordia.com>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Thu Jul 25 11:16:02 2002

Allan,

You are doing the right things, and blocking their IP blocks from your
border router is the next thing I too would recommend.

On the topic of "who do I report them to?" you can start with the Hong
Kong CERT team. Unfortunately is not a member of the F.I.R.S.T. (Forum
for Incident Response Security Teams) organization. Hong Kong does not
have an official CERT listed with FIRST. Several of their neighbors are
though, so maybe if you fire off a question to the Japan or Taiwan CERT
teams they can help point you in the right direction.

You can find them by checking out, or eMailing, the website
www.FIRST.org. Last time I checked they, as well as their neighbors,
were active members of this international CERT organization. Fire off a
note to the FIRST team coordinator too, maybe they can help too.

On the topic of an international CERT they've been attempted and
fortunately have not yet taken hold. The WIPO folks tried the other
year, and the UN has eyes for such a team too. Fear it for regulations
sake... Internet liberty is to be guarded and not easily given away.

GuyH