RE: [fw-wiz] FW1 related...

From: Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg) (rdawes@deloitte.co.za)
Date: 07/23/02

From: "Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg)" <rdawes@deloitte.co.za>
To: 'Jean Caron' <caronj@norac.net>
Date: Tue Jul 23 11:34:00 2002

You need the objects.C and rulebases.fws files.

There are various scripts available to assist in parsing those files.

As has been said repeatedly on this list (lest anyone think I am advocating
a machine translation), this kind of migration is an ideal opportunity to
review the rulebase, and determine exactly what rules are still required,
and which are out of date, or obsolete.

My advice is to use the existing objects.C file to save you recapturing the
network and host details, but redo the rules manually, if at all possible.
Then use a second person to review what you have done, to make sure that you
have not opened up anything that you shouldn't have.

Rogan