Re: [fw-wiz] FWTK and smap/smapd

From: Roger Marquis (marquis@roble.com)
Date: 07/17/02

From: Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Wed Jul 17 16:53:01 2002

Rick Murphy wrote:
>Like? Examples, lots of them (or at least one).
>
>OK.
>Much of the spam I used to receive came from forged hotmail.com accounts.
>Very little spam actually comes from hotmail, so I don't want to just block
>them since there are some legitimate correspondents of mine that use their
>mail (heck, I use a hotmail address sometimes when I'm on the road..)

Ron Guilmette has patches that do this for Postfix at
<http://www.monkeys.com/anti-spam/filtering/additions.html>. I
tried them but had too many false positives, even for the commonly
forged domains like hotmail. They did catch some spam though it
never more than 2 or 3% of the daily filtered total.

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting